Paul Bunyan's Athletic Performance program focuses on developing the total athlete and enabling them to become a more well-rounded individual. Focus areas include sprint & running mechanics (i.e. proper foot strike), proper plyometric form (takeoff and landing), great techniques in the weight room, and overall spatial awareness. All of our coaches are accredited and are dedicated the growth and development of our athletes. We use the latest in training practices and methodologies to accomplish each individual's goals.
SKILLS LEARNED DURING ATHLETIC TRAINING
In addition to teaching your team athletic skills, our Athletic Performance Program will also teach them transferable life skills. Children who participate in sports are given the opportunity to grow their own character, and sports performance training programs reinforce that character development.
Some of the many transferable life skills learned in our Athletic Performance Program include:
- Building time management skills
- Self discipline to complete a given task
- Appreciation for hard work and goal completion
- Reinforcement of a positive body image
Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD)
WHAT IS IT?
- A PLAN THAT HELPS PROMOTE THE GROWTH AND MATURATION OF AN ATHLETE
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT
- PROMOTES PHYSICAL AND MENTAL WELL BEING
- INCREASED NEUROMUSCULAR ADAPTATIONS AND STRENGTH DEVELOPMENT
- DECREASED RISK OF INJURY
- ACCREDITED AND TRAINED COACHES WITH A TRACK RECORD OF SUCCESS
Our 90-minute, personalized, Semi-Private Training Program begins at the top of every hour and its structure will allow your athlete to train for the pre-season, maintenance in-season, and for recovery during the postseason. We have made this training affordable, so you can get instruction and performance training for far less than the typical charge for a personal trainer.
Private One-on-One Training
For athletes seeking sport-specific instruction, our private 1-on-1 training sessions allow the athlete to be coached by former college and professional athletes. The 1-on-1 training requires appointments and are most effective when combined with our Semi-Private Training membership.
Team & Group Training
Team & Group training is a great choice for your team to get to the next level of athletic performance. For these training sessions, we customize a training program to fit the practice schedule of any team. Our facility has the ability to hold your practices AND training sessions, allowing coaches to focus their limited practice time on strategy, execution, and teamwork.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can't anybody train my child?
- Many schools and facilities claim to have accredited coaches but unfortunately this is usually not the case
- Many coaches will claim expertise however they have no formal training or certification other than they played the sport
- Many teams will have a coach who has worked out run their program which works from a financial stand point but you are opening yourself up to higher risks of injury and liabilities down the road
2. Will this stunt my child's growth?
- No, correctly supervised and implemented programming will not stunt your child's growth
- Research has shown that due to resistance training youth athletes are able to have a greater hormonal response within the body which is pivotal to development; this in turn will lead to a higher bone density, stronger ligaments and tendons
3. Is it safe?
- Yes, if it is under the watchful eye of a trained and certified coach
- Injuries only occur when the athlete is either unsupervised or the person in charge doesn’t have the proper qualifications
4. What are the benefits?
- Decreased risk of injury
- Improved cardiovascular health, muscular strength, and power production
- Improved neuromuscular pathways that assist in sports performance
- Improved psychosocial well-being of the athlete
- Promotes lifelong exercise and health habits
5. Why should I budget for this?
- Athletes who are trained not only have a decreased risk of injury but also have a quicker recovery rate
- Athletes will also have a healthier heart which will lead to a decrease risk of heart disease and any cardiac events
- Athletes also have better chance at succeeding at the college level in those strength and conditioning programs